ANNUAL FLU VACCINATION
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we are having to make some changes to our clinics this year to keep our patients and staff safe.
Please read all the notes on your invitation letter carefully when it arrives as these notes are important.
This year, please DON’T bring your paper letter with you, we will have lists and computer systems in place of letters
This is the schedule for immunisations, if you are in one of these groups you should receive a letter from us –
- Over 65s – October 2020
- Age 18 to 64 years in an at risk group – October 2020
- Under18 in an at risk group – LATE October 2020 (we have been asked to delay these vaccinations by NHS Highland)
- Age 2 to 5, but not in school - LATE October 2020 (we have been asked to delay these vaccinations by NHS Highland)
- Age 55 to 64 – Not in an at risk group – Late October to November 2020 (letters not being sent yet)
There is a special number to phone for flu appointments: 01862 890036
The phone line will be open Monday to Friday 10.00 to 11.00am and from 2.30 to 3.30 pm, the flu line will be open from Friday 18th September to book an appointment. There are plenty of appointments so please don’t worry about this
The phone number will only be staffed at these times and we will be unable to make appointments via our normal number
Please note there are some slight differences in arrangements between the 2 local practices
Saturday 3rd October 2020
Friday 16th October 2020
Saturday 31st October 2020
Please write your appointment here so that you do not miss your appointment -
DATE – Day /Month /2020
TIME – .....................................
HOW THE CLINICS WILL RUN -
Our clinics will be socially distanced and patients must stick to the rules to reduce risk of infection –
- All of our flu appointments are at Tain & District Medical Group, Health Centre, Craighill Terrace, Tain
- Please don’t arrive early; patients will be admitted in small groups.
- Please come in alone unless you need a carer with you
- When you arrive you will be screened to check you’re wearing a face covering, you’ll be given handgel and you’ll be asked the same questions as overleaf
- You will then be directed to the next station to get checked in
- You will then move slowly through the waiting room and then when your name is called down the corridor to a consulting room
- There will be plenty of staff to help you through the clinic so don’t worry about being rushed
- Please could you wear clothing with is EASILY ACCESSIBLE eg a loose short-sleeved top
- Please don’t bring jackets/coats/handbags. If at all possible please leave in the car (we know this isn’t possible for everyone)
We would encourage all invited patients to attend for flu vaccination, especially those with chronic diseases e.g. heart disease, diabetes etc. However, if you DO NOT wish to have a vaccine, we would be grateful if you could let us know by informing us by phone. If you change your mind later you will, of course, be able to get a vaccine by appointment as above.
HEALTH NOTES –
- If you are pregnant, or think that you may be, please speak to your midwife on 01862890077 to arrange an appointment – ALL pregnant patients are having their flu vaccines via their midwife even if you are in an ‘at-risk’ group; this is for patient safety and to prevent duplication of vaccine
- If you are housebound please let us know as soon as possible. This is only for patients who CANNOT leave their house
- Main carers for elderly or disabled people, whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill, can also be vaccinated. Household members of shielding patients may also qualify – please contact the flu line number to discuss
- If you are immunocompromised due to illness or medicines please tell the vaccinating clinician at the time of your appointment
PLEASE READ THESE IMPORTANT NOTES
If you answer YES to any of these questions ON THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT please DO NOT ATTEND for your appointment
(Please contact reception on the next working day to re-arrange your appointment)
- i) Fever present.
- ii) A new continuous cough.
iii) Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- iv) If you have been in close proximity with others who have symptoms or are COVID +ve during the last 14 days.
- v) If you have recently returned from foreign travel or have been self isolating during the past 14 days.
- vi) If you have had contact with people who have recently returned from foreign travel or have been self isolating during the past 14 days.
vii) You have a cold/chest infection or similar illness requiring antibiotics.
v If you have symptoms please contact 111 or arrange a COVID test
If you have serious allergy to egg products and you want a flu vaccine, please contact reception on 01862 892203 to discuss
We appreciate that there is a lot of information within this letter. Please keep it safe as you will need to go over the questions ON THE DAY of your appointment before coming to the health centre.
Finally, as with all of our flu clinics over the years our staff won’t be able to answer queries or questions or carry out other tasks on the day of the clinic.
We look forward to seeing you at the flu vaccine clinics and working together to make this a success for our patients and our community.
Tain & District Medical Group
Video Explaining PPE for children
NHS24 - phone direct on 111
We offer Yellow Fever vaccinations - See our Travel Health page for further information - Please see under 'Clinics and Services'
Our duty of candour annual report for 2018-19 has been uploaded in the newsletter section
FRAUD ALERT - Please be aware that we have heard from another GP surgery there are people who might phone you claiming to be from our Practice wanting to sell you products. Our staff will always identify themselves when they call and we won't try to sell you anything.
Click here to Order Prescriptions. Please see information on Minimum Intervals in the Prescriptions section.
Rapsons Bus and Coach Travel – patient information - Click here for details